Animal Welfare at slaughter and killing for disease control for poultry - eLearning module
This eLearning course is aimed at allowing participants to improve their knowledge and skills in:
- Main references to the legislative requirements for poultry.
- Scientific basis for proper stunning and slaughter of poultry (basic animal behaviour and basic anatomy); Main stunning and slaughter techniques applied in slaughterhouses.
- Development of standard operating procedures and monitoring of their application.
- Animal welfare indicators: practical examples in slaughterhouses and problem raised by the risk of electro-immobilisation in poultry and the use of high frequency currents.
- Main legislative requirements on animal welfare during killing for disease control purposes.
- Main stunning and killing techniques for poultry.
- Development of action plans for depopulation.
365 days access
- Average dedication: 8 hours
- 6 Units
- Other languages
How to Register
- If you are an government official, you can apply using the BTSF eLearning application.
- If you are a staff member working in EU Institutions contact HADEA-BTSF-ACADEMY-SUPPORT@ec.europa.eu to request registration.
- For any other enquiries please send a message to HADEA-BTSF-ACADEMY-SUPPORT@ec.europa.eu and the BTSF ACADEMY Team will be glad to assist you.