Animal Welfare at slaughter and killing for disease control for poultry - eLearning module
This eLearning course is aimed at allowing participants to improve their knowledge and skills in:
- Main references to the legislative requirements for poultry.
- Scientific basis for proper stunning and slaughter of poultry (basic animal behaviour and basic anatomy); Main stunning and slaughter techniques applied in slaughterhouses.
- Development of standard operating procedures and monitoring of their application.
- Animal welfare indicators: practical examples in slaughterhouses and problem raised by the risk of electro-immobilisation in poultry and the use of high frequency currents.
- Main legislative requirements on animal welfare during killing for disease control purposes.
- Main stunning and killing techniques for poultry.
- Development of action plans for depopulation.
365 days access
- Average dedication: 8 hours
- 6 Units
How to Register
- Check the NCPs Contact List for details and links to more detailed information.
- If you are an governmental Official, from a EU Member State or from an invited Non-EU country, you can apply to the available eLearning courses, via the BTSF Online Application Form. In case you have any questions about the selection criteria, please consult with the relevant National Contact Point.
- If you are a staff member working in EU Institutions and wish to participate in a BTSF Online eLearning course, please write to HADEA-BTSF-ACADEMY-SUPPORT@ec.europa.eu from your official mailbox (firstname.lastname@example.org), to request registration.
- For any other enquiries please send a message to HADEA-BTSF-ACADEMY-SUPPORT@ec.europa.eu and the BTSF ACADEMY Team will be glad to assist you.