The eLearning module aims to give a basic understanding of EU legislation on Food Improvement Agents (FIAs), in particular:
- How food additives, food flavourings and food enzymes are regulated in the EU.
- What are the requirements for their authorisation in the EU (Common Authorisation Procedure).
- What are the requirements for food business operators using FIAs in the EU.
- What should be verified by the competent authorities when confirming compliance with relevant legislation.
- To provide information about the current re-evaluation programme on food additives and flavourings.
365 days access
- Average duration: 6 hours
- 4 Units
- Other languages
How to Register
- If you are an government official, you can apply using the BTSF eLearning application.
- If you are a staff member working in EU Institutions contact HADEA-BTSF-ACADEMY-SUPPORT@ec.europa.eu to request registration.
- For any other enquiries please send a message to HADEA-BTSF-ACADEMY-SUPPORT@ec.europa.eu and the BTSF ACADEMY Team will be glad to assist you.