The overall objective of the BTSF Training Programme/Course on
- to achieve a uniform and correct implementation of EU rules on animal welfare during road transport in the Union by having national authorities performing controls in a uniform manner and of consistentlyhigh quality leading, where necessary, to taking relevant enforcement action to rectify and/or sanction non-compliances.
- To identify and know where to find all the information they need to perform effective retrospectivechecks on animal transport.
- To cross-check the information with the appropriate legal requirement
- To obtain the correct conclusion regarding the degree of compliance of a consignment and gain an understanding of good practices in the EU and how these may be adopted in their own control systems
- To reinforce networking between EU and certain non-EU countries’ staff involved in prioritisation and implementation of official controls by bringing together participants from different Member States and certain non-EU countries.
- To allow the exchange of experience and disseminate best practices for risk targeting of control activities, implementing official controls, and effective enforcement and follow-up activities relating to EU rules on animal welfare during road transport in the Union and beyond.
The course addresses the following topics:
- Overview of main issues regarding animal welfare during road transport
- Checks on journey planning, journey implementation and enforcement of animal welfare requirements
- Use of TRACES to collect necessary information for official controls on animal welfare during transport
- Risk-based selection of transporters/consignments for retrospective checks
- Retrospective checks on journey logs using SNS data and temperature records, and enforcement
- Auditing transport companies
- Auditing/supervising Local Veterinary Units’ activities
- Common constraints, challenges, weaknesses and good practices.
This Training Programme has been designed for the profiles and positions described below. Please verify compliance with the selection criteria before submitting or validating applications.
- Competent authority officials organising, implementing and enforcing legislation on animal welfare during road transport from all levels of the authorities (local, regional, central).
- EU transport companies specialised in live animals
- Local NGOs committed to disseminating EU animal welfare provisions
Calendar and locations
|Session||Start Date||End Date||City||Country|