The overall objectives of the BTSF Training Programme/Course on Food safety crisis preparedness non-EU are:
- to further improve EU and non-EU officials’ collaboration through INFOSAN;
- To reinforce networking between EU and non-EU countries’ food safety crisis managers and, by bringing together participants from different Member States and non-EU countries,
- to allow the exchange of experience and disseminate best practices for control activities and procedures on food safety crisis management taking into account the experience and achievements on food safety crisis preparedness and management in the EU and non-EU countries’ institutions.
The course addresses the following topics:
- The WHO INFOSAN framework and tools for food safety crisis preparedness and management.
- The EU framework and tools for food safety crisis preparedness and management.
- Global and regional early warning or emerging risk information platforms as source of information about potential crises or incidents.
- Crisis-mode operational procedures to speed up effective action during the crisis and to enable coordinated crisis communication.
- Common constraints, challenges, weaknesses and good practices.
The training will be addressed to staff in charge of food safety controls and crisis management in both EU and non-EU countries:
a)staff of the competent authority/ies involved in contingency planning and operation of contingency plans relating to food crisis incidents and their management;
b)staff of the competent authority/ies designated as contact points within the INFOSAN network for the exchange of information on food safety crisis incidents and management.
|Session||Start Date||End Date||City||Country|
|4||28/11/2022||02/12/2022||Rio de Janeiro||Brazil|
|5||20/02/2023||24/02/2023||Sao José||Costa Rica|
|11||06/11/2023||10/11/2023||Cape Town||South Africa|