BTSF Training Programme on Food hygiene primary production - domestic land animals
Training courses will consist of a mix of theoretical and practical sessions The training courses will improve practical application of the EU provisions, legislations and precautionary measures related to general hygiene rules and controls applying to food business rearing domestic land animals (e.g. cattle, pigs and poultry) or producing primary products of animal origin derived thereof.
These trainings are meant to strengthen the NCA and to ensure a harmonized approach on the implementation of legislation and official controls throughout the EU member states. Such approach ensures and maintains a high level of consumer protection and animal, promotes a harmonized approach to the operation of Community and national control systems, enhances trade of safe food and creates an equal level playing field for all food businesses.
The legislative “Food Package” dates of 2004 and as evolved ever since, adapting to the reality and answering the needs and the crisis that arose since that date. Guides to good practices were created and proven to be very useful to the Veterinary Officers/Inspectors/Official Staff of the NCA and also to the primary producers all around Europe.
A big part of the needs assessment on these fields, in terms of training, is obtained through the FVO Audits results, DG Health and Food Safety audits and inspections and from the feedback given by the MS.
Training on Official controls on this area of primary production (meat) is proven to be essential and a recurrent need to several EU countries. Once all the legislative context is explained, several specific topics on each domain will be discussed; adding to this, a wide and relevant practical content using innovative methods and tools and a field visit will give an in-depth big picture of the training subjects.
For each topic a specialized team of experts was gathered paying close attention not only to their scientific and technical knowledge but also to their training and communication competences.
This Training Programme has been designed for the profiles and positions described below. Please verify compliance with the selection criteria before submitting or validating applications.
- Staff of Competent Authorities involved in official control activities.
- It should be clear from their background and professional position that the participation in the training activity is a key element for the improvement of their skills and competence for their job.
- The trainees should have the required technical skills related to the fields mentioned under.
- The course will be held in English. In order to be able to understand and actively participate in the sessions, exercises and case studies, we invite you to give priority to only register the participants who can read and speak English.
- The participants will be requested to commit themselves to use the knowledge gained from the courses and also disseminate it via different dissemination methods i.e. informing colleagues about the information received at the training, distributing (photocopying or sending via electronic way) the training material among their colleagues, preparing informative articles in the professional national or, if possible, in international journals, preparing presentations based on the training material for the National Competent Authorities’ professional trainings or other dissemination methods which could be appropriate to share the information received via the BTSF trainings.