Animal Nutrition - eLearning module
This eLearning course is aimed at allowing participants to improve their knowledge and skills in:
- Definitions used in feed: feedingstuffs, compound feed, complete feed, complementary feed, mineral feed and other definitions in Regulation 767/2009, feed additives, premixtures, processing aids (Regulation 1831/2003).
- General principles of feed marketing: objectives.
- Labelling and advertising of feed materials and compound feed (Regulation 767/2009): principles, responsibility of labelling.
- Catalogue of feed materials, restricted materials, packaging of feed.
- Feed additives: functions, conditions of authorisation, assessment (Regulation 1831/2003).
- Distinction between feed materials, compound feed, complementary feed, premixtures, feed additives and veterinary medicinal products.
- Feed for particular nutritional purposes (Regulation 767/2009).
- Claims (Regulation 767/2009).
- Medicated feed (Directive 90/167).
- Undesirable substances in feed (Directive 2002/32):
- Definition of undesirable substances.
- Objectives of Directive 2002/32.
- General principles of Directive 2002/32 (Monitoring, mitigation measures).
- Maximum levels and action thresholds.
- Regulated substances and products: Mycotoxins, Dioxins/PCBs, Toxins of plant origin, etc.
- Carry over of coccidiostats to non-target feed.
365 days access
- Average dedication: 8 hours
- 4 Units
- Other languages
How to Register
- If you are an government official, you can apply using the BTSF eLearning application.
- If you are a staff member working in EU Institutions contact HADEA-BTSF-ACADEMY-SUPPORT@ec.europa.eu to request registration.
- For any other enquiries please send a message to HADEA-BTSF-ACADEMY-SUPPORT@ec.europa.eu and the BTSF ACADEMY Team will be glad to assist you.