This eLearning course should improve participants’ knowledge on:
- Relevant EU legislation (mainly focusing on Regulation (EC) No 1099/2009).
- Scientific basis for pre-slaughter handling, stunning, slaughter and culling of animals (basic animal behaviour, physiology and anatomy).
- Animal keeping and assessment of keeping facilities.
- Main stunning and killing techniques at slaughterhouses in Europe and in the context of culling for disease control purposes.
- Animal welfare measures (mainly from Welfare Quality® Protocols).
- Killing of animals in the context of animal disease epidemics.
The scientific content is mainly focused on the following animal species: cattle, pigs, small ruminants and broiler chickens.
365 days access
- Average duration: 8 hours
- 5 Units
- Other languages
How to Register
- If you are an government official, you can apply using the BTSF eLearning application.
- If you are a staff member working in EU Institutions contact HADEA-BTSF-ACADEMY-SUPPORT@ec.europa.eu to request registration.
- For any other enquiries please send a message to HADEA-BTSF-ACADEMY-SUPPORT@ec.europa.eu and the BTSF ACADEMY Team will be glad to assist you.