The overall objective of the BTSF training course on EU Risk analysis approach for non-EU countries is to disseminate the principles and methods of food safety risk analysis, improving knowledge of this complex area of work, improving the knowledge of non-EU Countries on the European control systems and legislation.:
The course addresses the following topics:
- The concept of risk assessment (as applied in national and in EFSA and other international food safety organizations).
- The role of international regulatory agencies and international risk assessment guidelines.
- The three components of risk analysis – risk assessment, risk management and risk communication.
- Risk assessment approach steps according to the WHO: problem formulation, hazard identification, hazard characterisation, exposure assessment and risk characterisation.
- How to perform a structured risk assessment.
- The process of hazard and risk identification.
- Risk analysis on regulated products and Plant health.
- Chemical contaminants and chemical risk analysis (hazard identification, hazard characterization, exposure assessment and risk characterization in chemical risk assessment, risk management and risk communication).
- Risk analysis on Zoonosis and Animal Health with a focus on Microbiological Risk Analysis.
- New Official Controls Regulation (OCR) and Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed (RASFF).
- Crisis management.
Participants shall represent staff of competent authorities involved in official control activities and represent staff of agricultural ministries responsible for food safety policy development and export affairs.
It should be clear from their background and professional position that the participation in the training activity is a key element for the improvement of the competencies.
|Session||Start Date||End Date||City||Country|
|2||16/06/2023||22/06/2023||Dar es Salaama||Tanzania|
|4||11/12/2023||14/12/2023||Rio de Janeiro||Brazil|