BTSF Non-EU Training Programme on Food & feed testing-non-EU - Residues of veterinary medicinal products.
The Health and Digital Executive Agency (HaDEA, formerly Chafea) organised, on behalf of the European Commission’s Health and Food Safety Directorate-General (DG SANTE), a cycle of 10 training sessions in the field of sampling and analysis methods used in the context of official food and feed controls within the “Better Training for Safer Food” initiative.
In total, 155 participants coming from selected non-EU countries in Eastern ENP and Mediterranean basin region, Central and South America, Africa and Asia have been invited during the project’s Phase 1 (2019-2020).
The overall objectives are:
- The overall project objective is to develop the ability of laboratory staff and management from non-EU countries to apply the sampling and analysis methods used in official food and feed controls. Considering the specificities of the VMP area, the goals of the European legislation, as well as the overall strategy of the BTSF initiative, the following objectives for this training course have been formulated:
- Raise awareness on all aspects related to control on residues of VMP in food and feed.
- Underline the need of assuring correct sampling procedures to reduce the error in the analytical results.
- Support the application of quality management standards for the laboratories to increase their performance and reliability levels.
- Improve the practical knowledge on simple and more advanced analytical methods to enhance the degree of accuracy and widen the number of substances determined.
- Foster exchange of best practices and ideas to increase the efficacy of knowledge transfer in analytical activities.
- Encourage networking and dissemination of knowledge among the trainees.
The course addresses the following topics:
- Topic 1: EU and international legislation, official controls and development of residues testing programmes.
- Topic 2: Import controls.
- Topic 3: Sampling, sample preparation and management.
- Topic 4: Methods validation.
- Topic 5: Screening methods.
- Topic 6: Confirmatory techniques and results analysis.
- Topic 7: Quality management in the laboratory.
The training is addressed to staff and management of public or private food testing laboratories designated to perform official controls on residues of VMP. The applicants must have a relevant professional and educational background, commit to disseminate the obtained knowledge among stakeholders in their home country and have a good working level of English.
|Session||Start Date||End Date||City||Country|
|2||11/11/2019||22/11/2019||Porto/Vila do Conde||Portugal|