The specific objective of the present BTSF programme on Food Contact Materials - Control, Marketing & Use is to spread knowledge and best practices in relation to the EU approach for the control, use and marketing of Food Contact Materials.
Under this programme, participants will better understand how to apply the official controls and respective regulations regarding the Food Contact Materials. The training will utilise presentations, site visits (in person and virtual), case studies, and discussion on best practises to ensure better enforcement of EU rules specifically with regard to:
- Control of the whole food contact materials chain and the compliance of the FCM manufacturing and importing establishments with the requirements of Regulation (EC) No 1935/2004.
- Examination of written materials and in particular the specifications regarding declaration of compliance for food contact materials.
- Assessment of the implementation of good manufacturing practice by FBOs, and decision taking.
The course addresses the following topics:
- Topic 1. Overview of Legal Provisions and the different Materials and articles of Food Contact Materials (LPM)
- Topic 2. Official Controls of Plants (Recycling Plant, Converting Plants and Food industry), with focus on DoC and SD (OCP)
- Topic 3. Good Manufacturing Practices and Quality Management System (GMP)
- Topic 4. National Control Plan and role of Laboratory (NCP)
This Training Programme has been designed for the profiles and positions described below. Please verify compliance with the selection criteria before submitting or validating applications.
Applicants must be staff of competent authorities with previous experience in FCM-related activities such as:
- formulation of control plans and policy
- implementation of controls
- and/or inspection of FCM premises
Calendar and locations
|Session||Start Date||End Date||City||Country|