The overall objectives of the BTSF Training Programme/Course on
- To provide for a common understanding and deep knowledge of certain EU ABP and TSE rules amongst officials in charge of implementing these rules.
- To increase the efficacy of the competent authorities to verify the compliance with the legal requirements in this field.
- To give the opportunity to the trainees to compare approaches and strategies of the Member States in order to identify and share best practices.
The additional objectives for the proposed course are:
- For participants to gain a common understanding of prevention, control and eradication of TSEs, ABP and feed control through lectures, formal presentations, interactive question and answer sessions, exercises and workshops. Participants will have the opportunity to discuss and share best practice in these areas.
- To engender a spirit of co-operation and transparency in participants by working in different working groups, discussions and sharing best practice recognizing that prion diseases and risks linked to ABPs are transboundary issues and co-operation between Member States and neighbouring countries will be necessary to minimize the risks.
- To provide participants with the necessary tools and resources to disseminate the knowledge gained through the training course to colleagues in their home countries.
This training programme has been designed for the profiles and positions described below. Please verify compliance with the criteria before applying.
- Official staff from a National Competent Authority, Relevant Government Ministries or Inspection Services relevant to prevention, control and eradication of Transmissible spongiform encephalopathies and qnimal by-products.
- Familiarity with prevention, control and eradication of Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies and Animal By-Products.
- Compromise to disseminate the learning’s of the training once they finalize the training session.
- Proficiency in the language of the training (English).
|Session||Start Date||End Date||City||Country|
|3_2||21/03/2023||24/03/2023||Zagreb & Ljubljana||Croatia & Slovenia||EN||15/01/2023|
|5_2||12/09/2023||15/09/2023||Zagreb & Ljubljana||Croatia & Slovenia||EN||25/06/2023|
Prevention, control and eradication of Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies - eLearning module
This eLearning course is aimed at allowing participants to improve their knowledge and skills in:
- Presentation and objectives of EU law as regards prevention, eradication and control of Transmissible Spongiform Encephalopathies (TSEs).
- EU provisions related to the surveillance and monitoring of TSEs including notification of suspect animals, testing, EU reporting system.
- EU provisions related to the eradication measures to be taken following the confirmation of the presence of a TSE.
- EU provisions related to the feed ban including sampling, and testing.
- EU provisions for removing and destruction of specified risk materials.
- EU provisions concerning the placing on the market and the importation of live animals and ruminant products.
365 days access
- Average dedication: 8 hours
- 6 Units
- Other languages
How to Register
- If you are an government official, you can apply using the BTSF eLearning application.
- If you are a staff member working in EU Institutions contact HADEA-BTSF-ACADEMY-SUPPORT@ec.europa.eu to request registration.
- For any other enquiries please send a message to HADEA-BTSF-ACADEMY-SUPPORT@ec.europa.eu and the BTSF ACADEMY Team will be glad to assist you.